So, What is Neighbourly?
Neighbourly allows you to stay connected with your neighbours and community using a private neighbourhood website. It's a free service that is designed to make your neighbourhood a safer and better place to live.
Members of Neighbourly use the website to interact on topics such as local events, after-school activities, crime and safety, council issues, local services or even lost pets.
Neighbourly also offers a crime prevention service for members of its communities. Members are kept informed of any suspicious activity and can also inform each other instantly of any urgent crime or safety updates via SMS text message.
Once you have signed up as a member with Neighbourly you can do things like:
- Plan a street party
- Alert your community to a spate of vehicle break-ins
- Share a photo of a visiting dog to locate owner
- Discuss what impact Local Council plans will have on the neighbourhood
- Recommend a trustworthy local mechanic
- Ask when the roadworks down by the local park will be complete
- Grab the contact details of a good local babysitter
- Find out which cafe in the area has the best Eggs Benedict
- Share sporting cancellations and updates
- Sell an unused sofa
- Let neighbours know mail has been stolen
- Ask if anyone can loan a ladder for an hour
- Organise a neighbourhood watch group
- Ask for times of the walking school bus
- Discuss local charities and how to get involved