The Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) is a non-profit corporation. It was incorporated on 13 June 1968 as the charitable arm of Lions Clubs International (LCI).
The foundation’s mission is “to support the efforts of Lions Clubs around the world in serving their local communities and the world community through humanitarian service, major disaster relief and vocational assistance programs”.
Lions Clubs and individual members worldwide are primary contributors. Corporations, foundations and individuals who are not associated with LCI also contribute to LCIF.
The Immediate Past International President serves as the Chairman of the Foundation. There is also a Board of Trustees. Our own Past International Director, G A (Tony) Hanning was the Treasurer of LCIF for 1998/1999.
LCIF’s mission is achieved through its grants programmes. They include:
- SightFirst, which supports projects that will provide long term solutions to preventable and reversible blindness.
- Major Catastrophe Grants, which relieve suffering caused by disasters of national or international proportions.
- Standard Grants, for large scale Lions service projects that address pressing humanitarian needs.
- Emergency Grants, for Lions Districts that request assistance when local nature related disasters such as flooding and earthquakes strike.
- International Assistance Grants, for collaborative projects between Lions in at least two countries.
- Core 4 Grants, supporting Lions high impact service projects in the four program areas of; sight, disability, health, and youth.
- Major International Service Program Grants, to support major international programs of LCI such as diabetes research.
LCIF Steering Committee
PID Ron Luxton (Janet)
Grange Settlement Rd
Tel (03) 615-8261
Mob (027) 276 1778
MD LCIF Co-ordinator
PDG Allan Bruce (Lynette)
140 Valley Rd
Tel (09) 239 0902
Mob (021) 461 951