Whangaparaoa Lions Book
The Lions Club of Whangaparaoa has a proud record of extraordinary service to the Hibiscus Coast community over the past 39 years. As as we move forward ,we invite YOU to be part of its exciting future. We currently have 20 members and are always looking for new members with fresh ideas to join us!. Our Community based projects and local assistance help people from all walks of life in all manner of ways.
Our activities include:
- Catering at Camp Quality (children with cancer)
- Running raffles for fund raising
- Helping our local Hospice by assisting at the local Jazz Concert
- Delivering garden supplies to gardeners no longer able to carry the heavy bags
- Raising funds for local and national causes with our annual book sales
- Collecting old coins
- YOUTH PROJECTS such as - Coordinating remedial readers for our local schools; Lions Whangaparaoa College Science competition; Lions Magic Show.
- Shaking a collection bucket for Daffodil day or Foundation for the Blind
- Fund raising BBQ's
In the Lions year of 2013to 2014 we raised and distrubuted around $10,000.
Our aim is to enrich the community in which we live. Lionism in essence is about good old community spirit, caring for your fellow man and in the process having fun! Lions motto is
" We serve"
We also believe, as a voluntary organisation, our members also deserve to have fun as well as serving the local community. To that end, we hold monthly socials with guest speakers , games evenings and other items of conviviality.
If you have some time to spare, if you would like to help your fellow man, if you would like to join a service organisation that not only assists our local commumity but also provides aid internationally, why not give the Lions Club of Whangaoaraoa a try!
P.O. Box 638 Whangaparaoa 0943